This is undoubtedly an innovative low calorie snack! flour wrappers are filled with a healthy filling of broccoli and bean sprouts, and steamed to make an appetizing snack. Follow the exact procedure and make the world's best momos!
Makes 8 momos
For The Momo Wrapper
1/3 cup blanched and finely chopped broccoli
1/4 cup chopped bean sprouts
1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
For the momo wrapper
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Add warm water gradually and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Knead for a while till the dough is quite smooth and keep aside for 30 minutes, covered with a damp muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle to make a momo wrapper.
- Keep aside, covered with a damp muslin cloth.
How to proceed
- Place a momo wrapper on a flat dry surface and put 2 tsp of the stuffing in the centre.
- Apply the flour paste along the edges and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Pinch at the outer rim.
- Repeat with the remaining momo wrappers and stuffing to make 7 more momos.
- Arrange the momos in a steamer plate and steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source: Momos