Crisp patti samosas filled with a spicy green peas and french bean mixture. Ready-made samosa pattis which are available at most provision stores will help you to assemble this snack quickly.
Makes 6 servings
1/2 cup green peas , boiled and crushed
1 cup french beans , finely chopped and boiled
1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
2 tsp green chilli paste
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp beaten rice (poha)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the ajwain, green peas, french beans and green chilli paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, poha and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Mix a thick paste using the plain flour and water. Keep aside.
- Fold each samosa patti into a cone (as shown in the diagram below) and stuff with the filling.
- Seal the edges using the flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining pattis and filling.
- Deep fry the samosas in hot oil over a slow flame till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.
Recipe Source: Hariyali Samosa