An aromatic stir-fried vegetables flavoured with lemon grass.
Coking Time: 10 min.
2 red chillies, chopped
1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1 tsp garlic, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
3/4 cup tofu (bean curd/ soya paneer) cubesor paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup french beans, thinly sliced
1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
4 to 6 baby corns, sliced diagonally
1 tbsp grated coconut
1 tbsp lemon grass (hare chai ki patti), finely chopped
1/4 cup water or Vegetable Stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- In a mortar or a blender, grind the red chillies, ginger, garlic and onions to a paste. Keep aside.
- Deep fry the tofu. Drain and keep aside.
- Parboil all the vegetables till tender and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the spice paste for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut and lemon grass and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the water or stock, soya sauce, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the vegetables with the tofu and mix well.
- Serve hot with green rice.
- Use only very tender lemon grass. The best way to finely chop lemon grass is to use a pair of scissors.
Recipe Source: Lemon Grass Spicy Vegetables