Orange and tutti frutti loaf, transform break time to fun time with this loaf that looks, smells and tastes just amazing. A mouth-watering orange flavoured tutti frutti surprise that kids will love.
Baking Time: 50 Minutes
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F)
Makes 10 slices
1 1/4 cups plain flour (maida)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bi-carb
3/4 cup condensed milk
4 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp orange marmalade , refer handy tip
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup tutti-frutti ,
1/2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 tsp butter for greasing
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, orange juice, orange marmalade and vanilla essence in another bowl and beat well. Keep aside.
- Add the flour mixture and mix gently using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Keep 1 tbsp of tutti-fruit aside for garnish and add the remaining to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add enough water (approx. 3 tbsp) and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a 200 mm. (8") x 75 mm. (3") greased and dusted loaf tin.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of tutti-frutti evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove form the oven, cool on a wire rack and cut into 10 equal slices.
Handy tip :
- Orange marmalade is a kind of jam with cooked orange peels in it, which is readily available in the market.
How to pack:
- Wrap in an aluminium foil or cling film and pack in a tiffin box.
Recipe Source: Orange and Tutti Frutti Loaf