A delectable meal deserves a sweet finish. So, say goodbye to the dining table with these banana and coconut flavoured pancakes.
Makes 15 pancakes
1 cup sanwa millet (sama)
1/2 cup buckwheat (kutto or kutti no daro)
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup grated jaggery (gur)
1/2 cup mashed banana
a pinch of rock salt (sendha namak)
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
ghee for cooking
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet and buckwheat separately in enough water for atleast 1 hour. Drain and keep aside
- Blend the sanwa millet and buckwheat separately by adding 2 tbsp of water in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Combine the samwa paste, buckwheat paste, coconut, jaggery, banana, rock salt and cardamom powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin pancake.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more pancakes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source: Sweet Faraali Pancakes