Vegetable cutlets,a great combination of vegetables and spices. . . It can be kept inside a burger bun or eaten as it is with tomato ketchup. . .Ingredients
Makes 7 cutlets
Makes 7 cutlets
1 cup finely chopped potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped french beans
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3/4 cupwater
bread crumbs for rolling
oil for deep-frying
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the potatoes, french beans, carrots and cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water (approx. 2 tbsp) to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and plain flour, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher.
- Remove from the flame, transfer the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat oval.
- Dip each cutlet in the prepared plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Recipe Source: Vegetable Cutlets by Tarla Dalal