This garlic-infused and fibre-rich khichdi is ideal for diabetics. Enjoy it accompanied with low-fat curds.
Makes 2 servings
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
2 tbsp yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the green chilli paste, garlic paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the oats and yellow moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Recipe Source: Oats Khichdi by Tarla Dalal