We hope you enjoy this recipe and please review on YOU TUBE.
Try this dish of cubed paneer combined with a spicy kadhai gravy! the aroma of spices cooking in simmering tomatoes is an unmistakeable signature of this dish!
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups paneer (cottage cheese)
cut into 37 mm. (1 1/2“) cubes
oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 recipe basic kadhai gravy
1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1/2 cup sliced capsicum
salt to taste
a pinch of sugar
1/2 cup fresh cream
For The Garnish1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the paneer pieces till they turn light brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and place in lukewarm water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent for approx. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the kadhai gravy, coriander-cumin seeds powder,chilli powder, turmeric powder,garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the capsicum, 1 cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the paneer, salt and cook on a slow flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream, mix well and serve hot garnished with coriander.
Recipe Source : Kadai Paneer by Tarla Dalal