Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Press release of Tarla Dalal's "Play and Learn ACTIVITY + COOKBOOK FOR TWO’S”
Why a book specially dedicated for 2 year olds?
Well 2 year olds are a special lot, a tough age to handle though. No wonder we call this stage as the terrible two’s – they seem as if in a hurry to grow up fast, learn things fast and get annoyed easily. A two year old is a copycat, so it’s the best time to teach them what you want by enacting the same yourself.
And so emerged the idea of this cookbook, which encompasses fun activities between the mother and child, to develop and boost several skills in them.
The book is divided into 7 sections viz. Creative Fun, Mathemania, Rhyme Time, Abra-Ca-Drama, Fine Motor Skills, Talk To Me and Its Story Time. Each section tells you why and how each skill is important and the role it plays in the overall development of your child. It will also provide you with fun learning activities that will develop different skills like hand-eye co-ordination, verbal skills, identification of different shapes and sizes, cognitive skills and so on in your child. Along with is also shared a delicious recipe with each activity specially designed keeping in mind the taste, interests and nutritional requirements of your two year old.
Planned and conceptualised in co-ordination with Mrs. Mona Dalal and Anupama Selarka, this book is an approach to explore two year old to a whole new world activities and food fare. Priced at just Rs. 89/- it’s a valuable guide for all the mothers of a two year old child.
Thanking you for your support, in making this new venture a successful one.
Cheers to a new enduring relationship!
Whip up these tasty and nutritious recipes for your little one and see them smile at every bite
1 cup boiled and peeled potato cubes
½ cup boiled peas
½ cup boiled corn
½ cup pomegranate
½ cup chopped apples
½ cup chopped orange segments
¼ cup boiled peanuts
¼ cup grated carrots
2 cups crisp mamra
1 cup sev
½ cup khajur imli chutney
2 tbsp green chutney
Salt to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and mix gently.
2. Serve immediately.
BANANA WALNUT MUFFINS
Makes 15 muffins
½ cup refined flour (maida)
¼ cup butter
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ cup mashed banana
¼ tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
1 tsp fruit salt
For the topping
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Sieve the flour. Keep aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar till smooth and creamy
3. Add the mashed banana, vanilla essence and milk and mix well.
4. Add chopped walnuts, oats and flour and mix well.
5. Add the fruit salt and sprinkle a little water on it. When bubbles form, mix gently.
6. Spoon the mixture into 15 paper cups. Top with chocolate chips
7. Microwave them for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
½ cup fresh curds
¼ cup milk powder
¼ cup condensed milk
2 tbsp roasted and powdered oats
1 cup mango puree
2 tbsp castor sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Ice cream sticks cut into half
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture.
2. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze for 4 to 5 hours till firm.
3. Insert wooden ice-cream sticks into the semi frozen lollies and freeze again for 6- 8 hours
4. Unmould and serve immediately.